675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Warning - Rip Off Web-site www.moto-racing.co.uk

Discussion in 'General' started by jim996, Nov 12, 2009.

1. jim996

jim996

Hello

I'm new to this forum but post on 675.net as well.

Just wanted to warn everyone about a rogue web-site operating in the UK.

http://www.moto-racing.co.uk

Ripped me off recently for £68. Ordered parts, they took the money from my debit card and never delivered. They never answer the phone. I asked for a re-fund and was told a re-fund had been issued. Checked my bank statements and no re-fund ever issued.

I've informed the police and trading standards but I don't suppose anything will happen. I'm not the first they've done this to either.

http://www.zx10r.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,13704.0.html

F**kers

Be warned.

2. Rowly

Rowly

Good info Jim, if it saves one more person getting ripped off then its well worth the post :smileup:

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the site, Jim. Please stay!! I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experience. Can you not get your money back from your card company?

Ed

4. jim996

jim996

Would do but used a debit card rather than a credit card so no chance of recovering the cash. Had to cancel the card as well in case they tried to take any more cash. Thinking of putting a debt collector on to them just to make them uncomfortable. Figure the £68 is written off but its the principle of the matter for me and the fact they have done this to a lot more people and their website is still up. Wrote to MCN about them but didn't get a response.

Cheers

5. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Cheers for the heads up, be interesting to see if the following is legit. :p

Domain name:
    moto-racing.co.uk

Registrant:
    Michael Riley

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Registrant's address:
    9 George Road
    Matlock
    Derbyshire
    DE4 3HA
    United Kingdom

6. Rowly

Rowly

There is one or two posted on MCN about motor-racing.co.uk with the same problem, ordered stuff no show and no contact, sounds pretty much like they have gone under.

7. jim996

jim996

Really glad I only ordered pads and a sprocket and didn't include the Brembo Master Cylinder I was shopping for as well!

8. jim996

jim996

Thanks. Reported them to the local trading standards today. Don't suppose they will do much but It made me feel a lot better