675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Washing Leathers

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by keithspurs2000, Jun 14, 2009.

1. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

What is the best way to wash my leathers? They are covered with dead bugs and i look minging. Cheers.

2. Stu

Stu

I've always used saddle soap and a sponge which has proved excellent but I recently bought a spray bottle of leather cleaner from a market stall. Does a good job too just sprayed on the rubbed with a cloth.

In Jocklandshire there were a lot of lads with Wolf cow leathers. One said my Roo leathers must be new. He was suprised when I said they were 4.5 years old so I must be doing something right :D

3. Drape a wet towel over the leathers and leave for 10 Minutes. They will fall off "like Flies" :lol: same with your Lid, works everytime and saves on expensive "remedies". I think Tour hotels must bloody hate the likes of me! ;)

4. JDB

JDB

Warm water and a sponge, then a touch of saddle soap after of leather cream if feeling lazy. Works for me, stubborn bugs might need soaking for a few minutes and then a rub.

5. JimR

JimR

I use pledge on my jacket!

6. im going to use a chisel on mine, perhaps i should clean it more often :lol: naah...fuck it

7. andysjt

andysjt

me too , well mr sheen , he has a leather jacket on in the picture & is an old wwI pilot so he should know a thing or two about cleaning leather jackets :D

8. bladebiker

bladebiker

I have seen an article in a bike mag which recommends baby wipes. Not tried it myself yet though.

9. RICH675

RICH675

I use leather furniture wipes from a supermarket. They do a great job.

10. andysjt

andysjt

btw
    watch what you put on the arse side as you dont want them slippy , made that mistake once ,stoped at the end of my drive i nearly slid of the bike

11. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I simply don't bother!