675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Weymouth for breakfast Sat 08 August.

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Admiral Nelson, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

Big Boulton and I are off to breakfast from Plymouth about 7.30/8.00. Anybody care to join us on route or there?

Kev

2. kingfixer

kingfixer

Bloody hell i don't believe it !! i could have gone any other saturday but this one, i'm having my kids this weekend first time in months after a dispute with my ex :scramble:
    I sound a bit like Victor Meldrew :lol: :lol:

3. not me, the bikes in gt on saturday :(

4. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

Why Nige?

You still waiting for the standard tune?

5. yes mate, tried 2 wheel technics but they only do diagnostics, thanks for the tip tho..what time you off

6. ignore that last bit....been a long day :D have a good safe ride

7. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

Sorry guys. Been busy.

Schedule

0730 Leave Plympton

0815 Meet Buy British Exeter services by the fuel pumps.

0930 Arrive Weymouth

8. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

We set off slightly late at 0745 from sunny but chilly Plymouth, but met up with Gary (BuyBritish) at Exeter Services 0825. The temperature was warming up nicely.

Traffic was building so we had a mix of leisurely and spritely riding through Sidmouth, Lyme Regis, and then the coast road through Burton Bradstock, Chickerell and on to Weymouth. Three weary travellers fell into the nearest cafe for a full english with a mug of tea and toast.

The journey back was a little tiresome as there was traffic. The views down onto the fields and Chesil beach were breathtaking. The journey back from exter to Plymouth was eeerrrrr V fast, eventually arriving home at 1330.

Good times. Must do it again soon.

Camera used - Olympus E500 15-45mm lens

Triumph parking only in Weymouth
    [​IMG]

Chris (BigBoulton) laughing and spinning dits with Gary (BuyBritish) overlooking Chesil Beach
    [​IMG]

The 675s
    [​IMG]

9. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

Here are a couple pics i took at the same place.

ai598.photobucket.com_albums_tt68_BigBoulton_IMG_0068.jpg

ai598.photobucket.com_albums_tt68_BigBoulton_IMG_0071.jpg

ai598.photobucket.com_albums_tt68_BigBoulton_IMG_0070.jpg

Came out pretty good as only on the camera phone.

10. T9Steve

T9Steve

If you do that trip again and come back along the B3157 from Weymouth to Bridport you should drop into West Bay for break and a look at the bikes that usually meet there on the harbour front most weekends. The turning is the first left off the roundabout where the B3157 Abbotsbury road meets the A35 at Bridport.
    Another route home to Plymouth from Bridport is the A3066 through Beaminster, Crewkerne and onto Chard on the A30 which then meets the A303 east of Honiton. Its not the most direct but is a good bike road with a lot less cars on it.