675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What a day!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SteveH, May 5, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Well chaps,

As much as I'd love to be writing here about a FANTASTIC ride I had out bank holiday Monday, it turns out other FAR more important plans came afoot.

At 12.40 yesterday afternoon I became a Dad! :cool:

Missus and baby both fine. Little boy weighing in at 8lb5oz. Absolutely shattered today but still can't sleep.

Trying to get things into perspective now, can anyone point me in the direction of a 'mini' Trumpet???? After all need to get him on wheels asap ;) Who says Dad's can't be cool!

Properly happy and really quite emotional if I'm honest!

Will be adding pic's to sticker thread shortly but kinda got sidetracked a bit lol ;)

Cheers

Steve

2. Rowly

Rowly

May I have the pleasure of congratulating you on your bundle of joy.
    Hope mother and baby are doing fine, well done Stevie boy.
    We must have a wet the baby's head meet :D :D

3. jimjam39

jimjam39

Congrats SteveH :)

4. Congratulations mate, well done to you and your lady

5. Awesome! Well done to all 3 of you!

6. andysjt

andysjt

congrats mate ,
    its been a fair few years since I became a dad for the first time but I still remember the feeling like it was yesterday ,
    If I can be so bold as to offer some advise then its this -
    please ,please make the most of your time with your children when they are young ,i know you think it’s for ever but unfortunately its not ,they grow up so quickly , before you know it they are all grown up like my children are now
    As for having children in the first place well its the most life affirming thing a couple can do , your life will change now in many ways, mostly for the better , A child is the best gift a couple can have , & a loving , caring family is the best thing a child can have , just make sure you spoil yours a bit now & again
    all the best to you & yours
    Andy

7. Stu

Stu

Hey, well done. Congrats. All the best.

8. SteveH

SteveH

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words and advice from all. Looking dangerously like I got my hands full now, would seem he's adopted some attitude from me (see pic). This is what happened when the midwife picked him up hahahahaha. All this and he's not even 24hrs old ;) Thats my boy :cool:

Right now wheres that minibike catalogue? :)

Cheers

Steve

9. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Oh he's so cute and adorable!!!! Have you given him a name yet?

Many congratulations!!

10. SteveH

SteveH

Hi mate,

Yes his name's Rowan Hawkins. Watch out for it on a Moto GP / BSB line up soon lmao!

Cheers

Steve

11. congrats mate....youre in for some fun but youre gonna get bugger all sleep for a while...but its worth it...theres nothing on earth compares to the first time he calls you daddy, not even your first ride on a 675...close call though :D

12. I've heard you can get loads of accessories for these but they are very high maintenance :lol:

Congratulations bud.

13. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations! a proud moment, I'll keep a beady eye on the BSB over the next few years! :p

14. spike

spike

congrats steve to you and yours m8, not far behind you my fiancee is due to have twins in sept :O lol

15. The Fridge

The Fridge

Congratulations SteveH, all my best wishes for u all :D

16. SteveH

SteveH

Blimey mate,

I'm currently 5 days in. Never been so tired in all my life. No idea how my other halfs going to cope once I go back to work at the end of next week :S All this and we only have 1, your having 2 :O

Still for every second of absolute terror and fright (mostly from me) not knowing what to do, how to stop the noise etc etc, 1 gurgle or glance in your direction makes it all worthwhile.

Mind you suns out here and I really fancy a shot out on the bike today. Will save it for next weekend though, got a whole host of people visiting this weekend so think my other half, and tiny person need me here a bit more ;)

Cheers

Steve

17. spike

spike

yeah i am kinda living in the twilight zone at the moment steve waiting for the new arrivals :)
    sounds like you have your work cut out for you though steve and i wish you all the luck omg sleepless nights i forgot about those lol :)

18. SteveH

SteveH

Yes, for all you ex mid to late 90's clubbers out there it's like a permanent Sunday feeling ;)

Cheers

Steve