675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by OLLIE, Apr 26, 2009.

1. OLLIE

OLLIE

HI ALL

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION SPIKE YEAH I GOT HER.
    BLOODY HELL WHAT A WEEKEND, I HAD WHAT SEEMED LIKE THE LONGEST DRIVE EVER UP TO TRIUMPH IN CHELTENHAM, BUT MY GOD WAS IT WORTH IT!
    THE RIDE HOME WAS SOME WHAT FRUSTRATING DUE TO THE REV LIMIT BECAUSE OF RUNNING IN, BUT I STILL LOVED EVERY MILE OF IT.
    AFTER 2 DAYS RIDING IVE NOW COVERED THE 300MILE MARK SO IM NOW UP TO 6000RPM. MY GOD HOW GOOD IS THIS BIKE GOING TO SOUND WHEN I CAN FULLY GIVE IT SOME?
    I LOVE EVEYTHING ABOUT THE LOOK OF IT, AND HAVE ALREADY SPENT A COUPLE OF HOURS CLEANING OFF A LARGE COLLECTION OF INSECTS (GATHERED FROM ALL OVER THE NEW FORSET).
    THE PICS WILL GO UP TOMOZ.

ARE YOU AS PLEASED WITH YOUR NEW TOY SPIKE?

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Great to see a Happy 675 Poster......... nice one Ollie ;) :D :lol:

Get tem there pictures posted :cool:

3. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Sounds good, even better when you get it past 6000rpm ;) look forward to the photos! :)

4. The Fridge

The Fridge

Hi Ollie, glad ur really pleased with ur new toy. Great aren't they. just wait til u can give her the full berries.

5. Graham H675

Graham H675

just got to love that 675 charm just more fun to come past 6k but wait till u hear and feel 12k lol

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

12k plus what a buzzzzzz Great oment Graham spot on mate especialy cornering :lol: :lol: :lol: What a Rush :twisted:

7. spike

spike

yeah completely over the moon with my bike ollie same here up to the 300 mile mark but taking a slightly different approach to breaking her in :eek:
    spoke to a guy in bill smith motors who said its ok to take to 8k up to the first service so watch this space and i will let you know if i blow up my d675 :D
    but like yourself i am finding it difficult not opening it up to the magic redline :cry:

8. spike

spike

put this link on a previous thread ollie
    thought you might be interested
    its about how they make the d675, oh at the end they dyno the bikes as part of the qc lol, so dont worry if you cant resist cracking open the throttle occasionally lol
    although how to break them in has been a talking point on here mate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c7uddXOlZw

9. is that the 08 model your breaking in? well done I hear the 09 model is a bit slow anyway (ask Fridge :lol: )

welcome to the club

10. SteveH

SteveH

I cheated and bought mine 2nd hand with only 960 miles on the clock so I didn't have to go through the pain of running in. I know it was done 'correctly' on my bike though as there was about an inch and half rubber untouched on either side of the tyres ;)

I came to the trumpet from a Ducati on a full Termi system, and although the Duke sounded amazing the trumpet on full tilt is a very different sound, but equally as nice to hear!

Good luck with it. If you love it half as much as I love mine you'll be a very VERY happy man!

Cheers

Steve

Oh BTW While you were at Cheltenham you didn't see a Masterbike certificat hanging about did you? My bike was supplied there and it seems between Triumph HQ and the 1st owner it disappeared :( I've contacted Triumph but so far hit a load of dead ends :( lol

11. The Fridge

The Fridge

funny that Jim, i always seem to b IN FRONT tho! ha :lol: ha :lol: