2.9%
  5. Blue

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Other (please say in post)

1 vote(s)
    2.9%

What colour is your bike

Discussion in 'General' started by OnlyOneWayHome, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Rowly

Rowly

I can see this turning into handbags at dawn, behave yourselves!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Rowly

Rowly

Now that the bitching is over with? lets concentrate on the subject at heart.
    As we can observe here is that Black appears to be the dominant colour
    as the poll seems to bear up so if anyone has not yet cast their vote then
    do it now it could make a difference so don't waste it, you never know
    your favorite colour could win and change your life for good :lol: :lol:

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Come on the mighty "Black Beats" :lol: :cool:

4. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

I hadn't realised that the Black was the mondeo of the 675 world!!!!

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Its the Rolls Royce of the 675 world....... as the founder of Ford Motor Industries said...Mr Ford himself.... "Give me any colour of motor car as long as it's Black" Nuph said :cool:

6. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

So it's the Model T of the 675 world. Common, old hat and very very slow!!!!!

7. What - did they run out of grey? :D

8. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

Now that there is a White SE model, I may have to re-run this pole!

9. SteveH

SteveH

Not wanting to piss on your parade but thats not actually what Henry Ford actually said.

According to his autobiography My Life & Work he quotes himself in Chapter IV saying, "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black."

However on the Model T Red and grey were used prior to June 1909 - Brewster Green from early 1909 through 1910 - Midnight Blue from 1911 to early 1913 - Black became the 'standard' colour from 1913 until 1926. In 1926 there was Channel Green and Windsor Maroon followed later in the year and into 1927 with 9 other colours.

So from this we can deduce that black, red, green, and blue are all old colours and therefore rubbish. Metallic grey on the other hand isn't mentioned so therefore is new and exciting and as such the best most modern colour! :p :mrgreen:

Of course I'm not at all biased ;)

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN! lmao

Cheers

Steve

10. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

metalic grey = unpainted and back then it would have been rust brown very quickly!

So what you are saying is that your's is the oldest fashion colour of all.

11. Rowly

Rowly

Hey up Stevie, Have you been on Wikipedia or were you spraying fords in 1909 :lol: :lol:

12. SteveH

SteveH

OnlyOneWayHome - I think everything back then rusted pretty quickly tbh lol.

Rowly - No Wikipedia for me, or painting cars. I had to study some turn of the century stuff for a school project (long time ago now, funny what you remember isn't it). Anyhow I chose to study Henry Ford and as such had to read his autobiography. I'd probably make a great pub quiz night team member, seem to be full of useless facts ;)

Steve

13. Rowly

Rowly

Useless or not there's not a lot of people knew that and someone somewhere
    in 100 years time will probably studying not ford Ts but Triumph D675s. for
    a school project :?: :D

14. SteveH

SteveH

Now! theres a scary thought! Still if all the scaremongering tree huggers are correct we'll all be long gone before we need to worry about that hahaha.

Steve

15. Rowly

Rowly

In the greater scheme of things the planet will survive like it has done for
    millions of years hot or cold and mankind thinking that we can change that
    process is ludicrously, ridiculous, fantasy, naive and of course tax grabbing.

End of rant :x

16. SteveH

SteveH

FINALLY someone who thinks like I do!

I have a friend whose other half works quite high up in Shell oils. On a recent meal out I asked her what she thought about all this global warming lark to which she replied.

"I don't know why everyones getting their knickers in a twist about this running out of natural resource, burning fossil fuels etc etc. All of our research shows that at the current rate of de-forestation we're all going to die of oxygen starvation long before we need to worry about anything else finishing us off"

So I guess when it's time to go, it's time to go! Might as well have all the fun you can while your here.

Steve

17. I see the colour wars are alive and well here also :D
    My 675 is green, so I can opt out of the conflict.

18. no, this gives you the chance to rip the p155 out of everyone else :lol: :lol: :lol: ....nice colour though mate, first one ive seen

19. SteveH

SteveH

[useless pub quiz fact ammo]Statistically the colour of vehicle most likely to be involved in an accident is green :S[/useless pub quiz fact ammo]

No idea where I read that but I did somewhere.

I need to get out more! ;);)

Steve