675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What makes your day at work seem better???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moonwitch, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Moonwitch

Moonwitch

2. nope, the only thing that makes my work day better is when my boss has a day off

3. D41

D41

Urgh! - What are those big grey gaseous objects in the sky...?

4. Moonwitch

Moonwitch

Oh dear...guess I've struck a bad chord with this thread... :oops:
    I thought it might spark some interest..hell..I know we work to live and not live to work, but I figured that if you have to spend all that time at work, you may as well try and see some good in it :roll:
    Back to the drawing board :cry:

5. it was a good idea in theory :D ..the problem is that i live on the devon and cornwall border but i work in north devon, not by choice i may add, so most days i spend at least 11 hours at work and 2 of those hours i dont get paid for as its the drive home, so by the end of the week ive done about 10 hours and driven around 600 miles for nothing...difficult to find any good in it all really but it was a nice idea of yours, better luck with the next one :D

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a cracking idea but you were just unlucky enough to have a couple of miserable gits replying first and everything in this life is by choice. ;)

Work is a means to an end for most folks (me included) and you have to pick something positive from it or move on. I have been contracting for many years and every contract has it ups & downs but I always come away with something positive but no pictures :D

7. D41

D41

Oi!! - I resemble that remark!

I really enjoy working - keeps me active & out and about...then usually I get home & get to start work all over again doing paperwork, making calls etc. I haven't even been in business for a year, so the added time I spend working takes a bit of getting used to...but if the economy picks up just a little bit I'll be very happy!!

Don't have any pics from work as I appear to have lost my camera! :roll:

8. miserable git....moi...... :D

well said though mate...i shall endeavour to lighten up and find a new job....got any work going? :D

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That’s better and as Brian once said ‘always look on the bright side of life’ :D

What is it you do?

10. i work for a property maintenance firm, mostly for a housing association but do other stuff aswell..personally i do everything from repairing roofs to cleaning sewers...sort of general jobbing builder if you see what i mean

11. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

What makes my day at work seem better is hammering down with rain, low cloud and strong winds. Fog also is very handy. Craig will agree with me i'm sure

12. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

:lol: absolutely, could'nt of put it better myself! :clap:

13. D41

D41

What are you guys....tow-truck drivers or sommit???

14. i bet they work indoors

15. Moonwitch

Moonwitch

I'm guessing that you guys don't like the good weather when you're at work...I can echo that sentiment :(
    Nothing worse than sunshine outdoors, being stuck indoors and then when you get a day off it rains :evil:
    Happens a lot up here :roll:

16. Rowly

Rowly

Thinking about when I can get the fcuk out of here :scarper:

17. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Oh its more than just that. The work load depends heavily on the weather!

18. bladebiker

bladebiker

Commuting to work on the Bike (not my 675 - Yamaha DT 125!) changed my working life. 20 mins there 20 mins back free parking behind the office and keeps my skills up through the winter. No more buses/ waiting in stationery traffic and enjoyable to boot. When I think of all the time I have wasted travelling to work by car or over priced public transport!

19. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I'll bring my camera to work and post a pic of the scenic road junction outside the office, I sometimes stand at the window and watch all the DAS peeps with their instructors. I also do a fair bit of consultancy work for Liverpool CIty Council. I'm not there again until Thursday when we're having the office chrimbles lunch, so I'll post a few pics of Liverpool sometime towards the end of the week :lol:

20. Moonwitch

Moonwitch

Well at least some of you are taking this thread in the way it was meant :roll:
    Maybe I should challenge you all to take photos of work...see what comes out of it :?:

Just trying to provoke a bit of lively banter...
    Hubble bubble, toil and trouble!!! :stir: