675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Whats the stupidist thing you've ever done...bike related

Discussion in 'General' started by curtis, Oct 25, 2009.

1. curtis

curtis

well mine has to be what i did a couple of months back...i had just cleaned my bike and topped up the oil and thought id take the bike for a nice spin, riding along as i pull of from the set of lights i notice in my mirrors alot of smoke and i think to myself geez some cars on fire or sumthin so anyways i carry on riding and was just getting to the twisties when lo and behold a tractor holds me up and in doing so im surrouned by smoke???? wtf?? so i get off the bike and noticed i hadnt screwed the oil stick in just plonked it on loose and oil had escaped all over the downpipes and onto the back wheel, so luckily the tractor was there otherwise im sure it would of been a much differentt tale to tell....doh! luckily shortly after that i had to have the downpipes replaced under warranty cos they couldn't clean up for luv nor money

2. Rowly

Rowly

Easily done Curtis, funny how we bikers curse tractors, this one did you a big turn.
    I bet you check it now?? :eek:

The stupidest thing I've ever done was and still is would be getting back on a bike again
    at the the tender age of 54, but hey I'm loving it and life's to short to worry about any
    possible consequences. :flame:

3. stupidest thing i did was i got married to my first wife, well you did say it was bike related and she was, the neighbourhood bike anyway :lol:

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a GPZ 600 Which was a right old clonker, Any hoo it had a metzeler tyre on the front which rarely warmed up and a bridgy on the back. I approached a set of lights near where I live and gave it a squirt to get thru before changing, was a bit fist happy and spun the back wheel mid corner. filled my pants and rolled of sharpish and ping High Side came down on top of the tank bruised the boys and could move for about 20 minutes.

5. Rowly

Rowly

Nige,..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: FUNNY AS FOOK PMSL

6. henrymc

henrymc

yep can relate to that Nige
    only i did not get as far as marrying her,
    should have known the sex was too good for her to be faithfull to one man,
    anyway the stupitist thing i have done on a bike was while comeing back from the Nurburgring,
    i pulling out of a side road to cross a dual carrageway and looking right instead of left,
    not sure who had the bigest fright me or the old German lady in the car in the outside lane doing about eighty mph,
    i managed to snap the front brake and went down before i crossed into her path,
    broken tail unit on the 675 was all the damage done,
    the old lady stopped and walked back to where me and the guys i was with were getting me sorted out,
    all i could say to her was i was sorry for scareing her and let her know that i was Irish so she would not go away thinking to herself, stupid bloody british person, :roll:

7. andysjt

andysjt

did the same in France Henry , was doing well but on the last day the sat nav was playing up so i wasn’t paying full attention and when I turned left I somehow ended up on the wrong side of the road :eek: the car behind me also turning left beeped me and did a typically French hand sign :? think he thought i was being a cock , well I think in a way I was :lol:

also i have done this a few times: oops: cleaned the bike after a ride and put it away , the next time I want to ride it I get it out and spend 10 min's trying to work out why it won’t start , before I notice I must have inadvertently pressed the kill switch the last time I cleaned the beast …… very annoying

8. Bloody hell were do I start!
    - dropt my zxr trying to get it off a paddock stand
    - dropt my derbi gpr80 on the drive when I was moving it when I was sitting on it! (the neighbours saw that one, v embarressing!)
    - my boyfriend convinced me to let him ride my zxr on wet grass (he had no liecence or even riddin a bike at the time!) so that didn't end well
    - killswitch on a hire bike

This didn't happen to me but a guy at box hill tried starting my 675 (bog stanard at the time) while his 675 was two bikes down with all the trimmings, he looked abit red faced when I told him that it was mine and his was over there haha!!

9. henrymc

henrymc

hi Andy, know what you meen about the kill switch,
    you have to watch that when you park up in a busy place,
    four of us went out for a run one day and parked up in Scunthorp,
    some knob came along while we were not with the bikes and flicked all the kill switches on the bikes,
    thats why i wonder when i see someone with suspension ajusters on a road bike have they thought about the chance of someone mucking about with the settings,
    could end all wrong for some poor sod just cos they fancied a bit of bling on their bike,

10. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

Haha lots of silly people out there. And I am one too!
    The most ridiculous thing that ive done is lose concentration while filling up and start removing a few bugs from the tank. I stay sat on the bike to fill up and i Still had me helmet on.
    Looking down and wiping the tank, suddenly the fuel sprays up and into my face! Tried to open my eyes to put hose back and the burning in my eyes was horrific. I just sat there with nozzle in hand and waited till i heard someone walk past and got them to help. Must of been there a minute or two looking a right knob! :?

Anyway this is the embarrasing bit. i had to go into the shop and kneel in the corner while the lady from the till poured solution in my burning eyes. Dressed in all my leathers at half 5 in a busy sainsburys, not good. i finally opened my eyes to a dozen people queuing, all looking at this stupid biker on his knees. Not a good day lol

11. henrymc

henrymc

bloody hell B B that sounds painfull you was lucky you did not damage your eyes,
    have heard of a guy who spilled petrol all over his B******s while filling up,
    just had a vision of someone in a garage with the till lady on her knees putting solution on their nads and those people looking on :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

12. Rowly

Rowly

Thats just you fantasizing, behave yourself!! :monkey: :lol:

13. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

after I passed my test - no experience - target fixation on a left hander - grabbed the front brake - lowsided at 47mph - double fracture of pelvis, loads of cuts and scrapes, armoured leathers notwithstanding. Spent a week in hopital, 2 months off work, wrecked my SV. My party trick was to touch my hipbone - no wonder it got infected. The practice nurse used to come and dress it every day as I couldn't walk :oops: ANd because it was quite low down, it meant taking my nix off too :lol:

14. D41

D41

Hmmm....probably taking Mrs41 & her S4 to the track today - she loved it!!! + She wants to do it again!!

$$$$$-GRR!

15. henrymc

henrymc

Yep Rowly that sounds like me :twisted:
    Ed i almost done the same a few years ago only another lorry came around the corner after the first one and grabed my attention strange i knew what was happening but just could not look away from the first truck, scared the s*** out of me,
    have read somewhere that you should keep shifting your gaze all the time to stop this happening,
    i keep doing this all the time now,
    suppose its common sense to do this,

16. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Filled up with fuel yesterday evening. Somehow I dropped the bloody nozzle on the tank and I now have a nice little paint chip by the filler. I'm realy annoyed about it and I still can't work out how it happened.

17. D41

D41

- That's what decals are for, my friend! ;) ;)

18. Rowly

Rowly

D41, I reckon you'll have a decal of Angelina on your tank so every time you catch the tank
    with the nozzle you improve her looks somewhat :lol:

19. SteveH

SteveH

Most ridiculous things I've ever done, bike related would be letting go of my old bikes which now would be classics. KR1S C2 and RD350LC to name a couple. Aaaaah the classic tales of a mis-spent youth, hooligans bikes, which now fetch a proper premium, along with my old FS1E thats another one I'd like to get back again.

Other than that possibly the most ridiculous thing I've done whilst riding is un-intentionally popping a wheelie with my Mum pillion on the KR1S. She practically came off the back, only thing holding her on was her feet latched under my armpits as she fell back. Maybe not the craziest thing mentioned here but I don't think I'd ever be able to have forgiven myself or ridden another bike again if I'd have injured my Mum in any way shape or form.

Cheers

Steve

20. redseven

redseven

I was riding around Suffolk checking out US air bases.( I used to spy for alien intelligence at the time) Thinking to myself, hey nony -no, It's a nice day the birds are singing in the trees, the sun's out, etc etc. Riding down some old B road. Next thing I know is ,I'm in a ditch. It was a right pain picking the thing up and riding it out of the ditch. Bike was ok though, a few scuffs, and vegitation around the cycle parts for the ride home.