675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

wheel scratched

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by snuffy675, Apr 29, 2009.

1. snuffy675

snuffy675

Hi,

I have scratched my rear wheel fitting a tyre, I know the wheela are powder coated and wondered f anyone has done the same but tried to use touchup paint to cover the scratch?

I have been directed to Halfords to look for a "close match".
    My bike is the 675 masterclass graphite bodywork, wheel colour is ............???
    if I can't get it covered anyone give me a ruff guide to the cost of repowdercoating the wheel(s)

Thanks

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Sorry Snuffy can't help you there but sure someone will be along soon with some usefull advice :cool:

3. Can't help you with the paint colour but when I enquired about an R6 (before I got the D675) I asked the dealer about chaning the wheel colour and they said that it would be £250 for both wheels to be done.

4. The Fridge

The Fridge

hi snuffy675, all i can suggest is enquiring round 4 a place that just sprays (car) wheels.
    ive got to hav all 4 of my car wheels done and they can do all them for £120 including blasting, repairing, and powder-coating, so i dont see why each bike wheel cant b done for say £30.
    they spray quite a few wheels 2gether in the oven so it isnt as tho they hav to fire it up just 4u.

5. snuffy675

snuffy675

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to get on the phone and ring a few wheel refurb companies to see what the "crack" is.

Hope to meet up with some of you guys in the near future.

Just as a side line anyone gpoing to Donington for the BSB at the end of May???

6. The Fridge

The Fridge

not me snuffy, havin 2 hols on the bike in may, then hav to spend plenty on my car, needs some engine work b4 it blows up!
    hope u hav a gud time if u go