675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Wheel weights

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveH, May 25, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Hi all,

Does anyone know or have the ability to weigh a set of '06-'08 wheels and a set of '09 wheels to see the difference?

I'm on a bit of a "Save some unsprung weight" mission and am looking for ways to do this, when I stumbled upon the fact Triumph changed the wheels on the '09 bike to save some unsprung weight.

So far on the shopping list (I won't be spending thousands on doing this and the parts have to be practical & legal for everyday road use as well as trackdays) is,

Renthal Sprockets front and rear (I won't be changing the gearing so I have a direct comparison) With chain to match
    Lighter nuts and bolts (Probably Titanium best get that tastynuts catalog out :geek: )

Looking into the cost of changing the wheels. Would love some Dymags or something similar but if I can save a chunk of weight using Triumph OE wheels then I can also save a chunk of cash probably.

Also going to be looking into possibly more efficient bearings etc to see if this is possible. I know race kit is the simplest way to go but in my experience it's not designed to last very long and the bikes still gotta be practical (hence the not spending thousands).

Anyone have any other ideas????

Oh and does anyone know why the Triumph race alternator kit isn't road legal????

Cheers

Steve

2. Graham H675

Graham H675

last time i looked new wheels from triumph where just shy of a grand

3. SteveH

SteveH

Yes I thought they might be. Thought some might appear on eBay. Well hoped so LOL at a grand that's getting to close to dymag money though. That old wishlist just gets longer and longer ;)

Steve