675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

wheelie school

Discussion in 'General' started by The Mechanic, Oct 24, 2009.

1. The Mechanic

The Mechanic

hi guys and gals

just wondered if anyone has done a wheelie school, I got one booked in november, and was wandering if its any good, I cant wait,

2. redseven

redseven

I have applied for the police approved wheelie school. Within the speed limits of course. Apparently you can have both wheels in the air at the same time. Sounds awsome!

3. i want to do one of these, any recommendations?

I have done a little research and some say we teach power wheelies coz its safest and some say we teach clutch wheelies coz its safer than power wheelies.

Now Im really confused :(

4. well with jimmy fireblade he teaches clutch and if you notice on the back of the bike theres a white stick attached and that starts of on the day as long as possible and as soon as it hits the ground it temporarily cuts power thus bringing the front down and as you progress thru the day the pole gets shorter and shorter but of course its not impossible to flip the bike still but makes it alot less likely

[​IMG]

5. I've done the Jimmy Fireblade day too, and it was a great day out. Best bit was wheelying down the runway on the back of his bike - that showed me how pathetic (in terms of front wheel height) my efforts were (are!).

I've powered wheelied (not always intentionally!)and clutched up wheelied and the latter, IMHO, is more controllable, so I'm with Jimmy on the power v clutch argument.

Dunx

6. The Mechanic

The Mechanic

well i did the wheelie school, what fantastic day ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o116_mechanicyuk_IMG_crop.jpg_ce2774b43244b8f0b57382d3b69be4ab.jpg

6 hours of wheelies
    ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o116_mechanicyuk_IMG_mikash.jpg_058a170c5519c09eadbd7a590ee6fe71.jpg

Ashley was a very good instuctor, brilliant stunt rider, showed us some right tricks ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o116_mechanicyuk_IMG_mikash2.jpg_221ff60bfcd4f55a5908a9f0bc656a4c.jpg
    ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o116_mechanicyuk_IMG_ash.jpg_e444c37d4da5a41eb21b46129e658baa.jpg
    ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o116_mechanicyuk_IMG_mik.jpg_7a7b1852f9cc3819e3cede49b88983b1.jpg

highly recomended

7. looks like great fun, good pics.

8. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Excellent! Where abouts did you go for that? Expect you to be a pro on the raods now!

9. The Mechanic

The Mechanic

It was in york, rufforth, i'm going again next year,
    no m8 far from it, need more practice

10. Have you got a web address for this pace in york please, can u link it?

Cheers

11. The Mechanic

The Mechanic

12. That is big and it is clever.
    Definitely need to learn to do a good one of those.
    Now inspired to sign up for a day next year.