675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Where to Start

Discussion in 'Stevie Elliott' started by bigtenfour, Apr 27, 2013.

1. bigtenfour

bigtenfour

Another disappointing round... The bike is packed in the back in the van after it went BANG!!! on the straight and died :(

So again no points for the Champs :(

Will be dropping it off at JHS along with my Wallet next week lets pray its not too bad and i can get it up and running in time for Cadwell??? :-/

2. Sorry to here that buddy hope it's fixed quick and cheap

3. bigtenfour

bigtenfour

Starting to regret buying a tuned bike :-/

4. I see where ur coming from I did it with cars. U can always detune it slightly

5. bigtenfour

bigtenfour

JHS are going to strip it tell me the damage, I will ask them the options on detuning as it is tuned to within an inch of its life!!

6. D41

D41

Hey dude!....you're doing what most people in life cannot even fathom, and what most bikers cannot even get their heads around...I know, because I rode cross-country and downhill on MTB's for years...riding XC is one thing, racing XC is another...you're hurting in ways most people will never experience, and you do it in the name of "fun" (pain!)...Downhill is the one the punters can relate to...going balls-out is easier for Joe Public to understand.

Point is, there will be ups & downs, but you don't get nothin' if you don't try....you're trying, and that's what counts more than anything like a broken bike - that part you can't control.

7. bigtenfour

bigtenfour

Cheers D :)

Yeah just a bit gutted at the mo, this season has been pretty much a non starter so far, :-/

But yeah got to look for the positives, that i am very lucky to even be able to race in the first place!!

Bring on Cadwell (and a fixed, but maybe slightly de-tuned bike lol)

8. bigtenfour

bigtenfour

Thinking it may be wise just to buy a standard engine and fit that instead??

9. fkkr1s

fkkr1s Moderator Staff Member

Bloody hell mate that sucks, every low has to have a high, yours is on its way mate.... hopefully in the form of flying over the mountain at Cadwell :)

10. Sorry to hear this mate, you will get this sorted mate I have complete faith and I am sure that your season will go from strength to strength. You're made of tough stuff buddy and you don't have an ounce of quit in you. If you need motivation listen to Robert Tepper - No Easy Way Out. Most of you will remember that from Rocky 4 when Adrian tells Rocky he can't win against Drago - Rocky goes out in his Lambo thrashes the guts out of it then comes back does some training and then beats seven bells of shit out of Drago. You're a winner mate you have it in you, believe it and it will be true. :)

11. bigtenfour

bigtenfour

Bloody hell gank I want go go 15 rounds with Ivan Drago now :D

But seriously, cheers dude :D, and thanks Oluke0 just registered with the forum so hopefully can reply to the thread soon about the engine

Here's to a good Cadwell

12. This there any good news on the engine problem

13. bigtenfour

bigtenfour

Jhs have still to let me know been promised tomorrow, problem is they are doing my bike around other booked jobs, :-/ starting to worry about making Cadwell at this rate though :-/

14. hamster86

hamster86

Guff news mate. Hope its sorted quickly. Whens cadwell mate??

15. bigtenfour

bigtenfour

Weekend of the 25th,

Already considering selling the bike even if there isn't much damage and try to scrape enough funds to perhaps purchase a used 2013 TTC bike at the end of the season,

I wished i had stayed with my stock bike for cost, reliability and ease of maintenance,

But thats racing i suppose, live and learn :)

16. Hi just done my ACU and have a 2010 daytona 675 I am currently riding in inters on trackdays look at having a go at racing a couple of time just to see what's the score and if I like it how much does it cost per race ? ISH ???
    Thanks
    Brian

Attached Files:

17. £100 a race with bemsee that's with a Friday test day and four races

18. I'm possibly selling my ttc bike some time after the last round

19. i was thinking a joining bemsee my friends is friends with Barry chapman and he speaks highly of bemsee as a club to race with