675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Whippet Checking In

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Whippet, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Whippet

Whippet

Hi everyone,

I'm a 45 year old plumber from Newbury in Berkshire. I bought my 675 in Nov 2008 and have used it for endurance racing and track days this year. I definitly fall into the category of old bloke re-living the youth he never had rather than up and coming talent. Still, racing has been a massive rush and I plan to do more in 2010. I tend to run in the back half of the field but not last, this is good enough for me as the guys in front often crash more than me. If you fancy reading about a few of my races Google "snug racing" & check out my reports from Mallory, Anglesey or Pembrey.

My bike achieved a bit of fame this year which i was very chuffed about. I had bought it from a young Irish racer called John Simpson who rides for Trickbits. In 2008 he won New Era superstock on my bike and came 2nd in Sound of Thunder ( against big Ducatis!!). In 2009 he moved up to BSB Superstock on an R6. He didn't get on at all with the new bike and best result was 25th. To help him out lent him the 675 back for the Cadwell BSB round which he then went and won!! He's back on a 675 for 2010 & is a good bet for the championship. Go and watch him, bloody entertaining watching a 675 being backed into a corner on full opposite lock!!

I am writing this from my phone and will post a few pictures up when I get home.

2. Welcome aboard Whippet! Do you have any Northern roots with a nickname like that? :lol:
    Looking forward to pics :D

3. Whippet

Whippet

I'm married to a County Durham girl and my mother was Manx. I also love black pudding.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome aboard and look forward to the pic.

5. si675

si675

hi siw

got your message thats me changed over,

lot of sxxt talk on the other site people seem to grow arms and legs and sway away from particular topics never get a straight answer.

so you were in the paras i done some time in the gordon highlanders way back.

6. D41

D41

Welcome mate!! I'm an ex-County Durham lad meself........and I too love black pudding!! :D

7. Rowly

Rowly

Welcome Whippet, your name says it all? fast round a track judging by your intro, you'll no doubt have a wealth of knowledge to share? U bends included, BTW if you think 45 is old there's a few zimmer boys on here and I include myself in that statement 54 and still counting but not to old to keep up with the rest? ;)

8. D41

D41

:lol: Like that!!

9. And just round the corner from where I live is the Bury Black Pudding Company...and a really great stall selling it hot on Bury market! I can do mail order :p ...or you can all come over to the market for a pud and a brew :D

Can't stand the stuff myself :roll:

10. black pudding sucks :spew:

11. Rowly

Rowly

Moonwitch!!!!! are you familiar with the Rossendale area???

12. Mmmmm I like the bury black pudding company puddings,

Do you do deliveries MW?
    ;)

13. You don't need a delivery...you only live up the road from me :catfight:

14. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Whippet to the site, looking forward to seeing the pics of your bike especially now it's found fame, and obviously the 675 is the new found track bike to be! :) Hope you get stuck in here, we have a great array of members. If you have any suggestions or questions don't hesitate to say. :)

15. Whippet

Whippet

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Rowly, I'm not especially fast, just mad enough to go racing. Happy to talk about track riding or boilers for that matter.

16. Davetona

Davetona Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Whippet, I love black pudding too and i'm from London originally, followed by a good few years in Middlesex, then a spell in Hertfordshire before settling down here on the Kent Coast :toast:

17. Whippet

Whippet

Picture of me at Anglesey...

[​IMG]

18. Wicked photo :D
    My ambition is to pluck up courage to do a trackday, if only to get a nice sporty shot to hang on the wall! ;)

19. D41

D41

Do it!! Mrs41 went out on the track with me when I did my 2nd trackday - she loved it!! The thought of it can be very intimidating but it opens up a whole new (& better) world of riding to you....you won't regret it!!

20. Whippet

Whippet

I'll be doing plenty of track days in 2010 moonwitch. Hopefully we can all meet up at one.