675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Who's off to the NEC then????

Discussion in 'General' started by Rowly, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Rowly

Rowly

Already got me tickets, going down on Sunday 29th with some mates from work.
    Makes for a good day out and you get more than an eyeful of new bikes??
    The MCN girls are worth a look too :lol: On the look out for some new gloves
    or maybe boots as well if the wallet will stretch, fancy the Alpinestars GP plus
    or perhaps the GP pro gloves, a bit pricey though but might get a bargain if
    I haggle a bit, last year my mate managed to get £35 of a lid, and £20 off
    some boots, happy days!! Fancy a go on the mini moto's as well, will more
    than likely come a cropper :lol: roll on the 29th can't wait :D

2. andysjt

andysjt

yes i will be going , dont know what day as my mate is sorting the tickets but usually the friday , wont be on me bike as you never know what bargin you could find andneed to get home with

3. Im def going, not sure what day yet, but it will be a weekend day.

4. henrymc

henrymc

I am going on the thursday with some mates from London,
    Andy i am with you on not taking the bike,
    went a couple of years ago and came away with a pair of Harris paddock stands,
    think i got them for £20 less than price,
    would have been a bit of head scratching on how to get those home on the bike :erm:

5. Rowly

Rowly

One attached to the front and one at the back, they do have wheels Henry? :rotfl: :rotfl:

6. henrymc

henrymc

I want to see that Rowly, you with a pair of paddock stands on the bike rideing down the road, what tie them on to the back and tow them home? or maybe round your neck one hanging in front of you and one behind, :salute: :smileup: :up: :roll:

7. Rowly

Rowly

I
    I have always believed that anything is possible and nothing is impossible. :smileup: :up:

8. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

TBH I thought it was boring last year - I think it needs a change of format, a HouseDoctor style makeover. Am giving it a miss this year. I needs a new pair of boots, but the saving isn't that great when you add in the fuel and entry price. Spose I could do with some new keks as well but they'll have to wait, I usually wear running tights under my leathers of a winter time, it's not ideal but it's bearable.

9. SteveH

SteveH

I may be going on the Wednesday. Got the day off work as it's my bday. However after last years show which I couldn't have been more disappointed in I might just spend the day with the family.

My overwhelming memories of last year being over priced rubbish food. Bikes that were really nothing special and the only nice ones you couldn't get near as there were to many people. A parts and accesories hall full of crap the shops didn't sell during the year which not only wasn't that cheap as I'd found cheaper online whilst at the show courtesy of iPhone. Let alone the fact unless you were built like a block of flats or a mal-nourished beanpole there was no stock that would fit anyway.

Also the "test rides" had queues so long you'd have had to have been there all week to get out on one bike.

To round off the day I distinctly remember an overpriced car park and a huge traffic jam. Hmmmm think I may have just talked myself out of it :/

Hope this years better for anyone going.

Cheers

Steve

10. paws

paws

Im going to eye up the new 2010 675 in caspian blue :)

11. Im going !!!

I have trade tickets to look forward too so i dont have to associate with the riff raff!!

lol

Ill have my xmas list with me also

12. kingfixer

kingfixer

im going on the wednesday, in the car though just incase i get lots of goodies !!

13. T9Steve

T9Steve

I agree with some of the guys comments, the show has gone down hill over the last few years, with many major manufactures not attending, but having said that its still a good day away from work with your mates. We usually go up the night before by train and stopover in a cheap hotel and have a night out in Birmingham area and then wander around the show with a hangover!!

14. andysjt

andysjt

the last show i went to at the NEC was a bit naff ,so i went to the X L in docklands in Jan , but t/b/h/ it was even worse than the NEC & not as big , the day out around London was better than the show so back to NEC this year

15. henrymc

henrymc

I went to both NEC and XL last year,
    NEC defo better,
    it was crowder thow,
    had a laugh at the Buell stand at XL when one of the salesmen tried to get me to look at that hideous thing Buell brought out two years ago then had to relaunch it last year cos it was crap,
    do not know what it is called but the front looks like a whale shark with its mouth open,
    when he asked me what i thought of it,
    i looked him in the eye and said i thought it looked like shit (i am not noted for my diplomacy)
    fun was slightly spoiled cos he did not ask me what i was hopeing he would and that was,
    what bike did i ride,

16. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I'm planning to go on the Monday, less busy than the weekend! :p Though same thoughts as andysjt, I've always gone to the MCN one in London, though defected to the NEC one due to lack of Triumph and overall range of bikes at the MCN show. ;)

17. I have to agree with SteveH last year was very disappointing as there was a complete lack of atmosphere and the entrance fee was well over the top.

Midgeman.

18. Going on Monday 30th stopping overnight Sunday and Monday night, brining the other half see if we can get her some gear

19. kingfixer

kingfixer

Going on sunday 29th now instead :D :D

20. Im there Sun 29th :)