675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Whos Partner rides?

Discussion in 'General' started by Anonymous, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

Hey peeps, who has a vertically challenged missus like mine, she is 5'1 in socks. she wants to get a bike but cant reach the ground on most sportsbike 600, She only has cbt at the minute, so is looking for a 125. Any suggestions as to a fairly decent bike, I would prefer not to be 2 stroke??

Thanks in advance

2. Rowly

Rowly

3. my lady wants the baby r125 but the baby blade is a nice little thing too,

4. my girlfriend rides a cbr 600f and got it lowered

5. henrymc

henrymc

my girlfriend rider a CBR600fx no prob for her as she is 5' 8"
    but my mates missus is doing her test shortley and is getting a SVs 650
    she is only 5' 2"
    i am not sure if she is getting it lowered but think she will have to,
    I think the best way to get a bike lowered is to get a custom shock built,
    but other people may have first hand experance of this and know better than i do,

6. D41

D41

My wife is 5'4". I dropped the fork stanchions on her Speed-Four by about 5/8 of an inch & then set the rear shock at it's softest setting - she had dropped the bike 4-5 times prior to that ( at lights & such)....no problems since.

7. my girlfriend got a special lowering kit which replaces the rear shock

8. D41

D41

Just have her wear platform heels, Gsi!!

9. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

The hired help hates my bike. In fact we have more rows over it than anything else. In fact I reckon that if someone nicked it, I think she'd dance naked in the street to celebrate :lol:

No chance of her ever getting a bike licence :(

10. D41

D41

LMFAO!!! - Awesome!! :lol: :lol:

11. Rowly

Rowly

What's your Address Ed? some of us will gladly come round and nick your pride & joy just to
    put your theory to the test :lol:

12. SteveH

SteveH

Ridiculously as my other halfs Grandad, and Dad are ex TT-racers, and her brother raced on track, all her cousins (male ones) all race and her unle was more than once crowned UK enduro cross champion, she has never been on a bike and has absolutely no interest in them at all!

Takes all sorts I guess, and does mean there's a tad more spare cash to soend on mine ;) and I only have 1 bike to clean and maintain lol Well until I convince her I need another bike in the garage. Currently working on getting a street trip R :p

Steve

13. My boyfriend rides my old zxr400, I got the Dayton coz I could touch the ground unlike the Honda 600rr. the Dayton is small and light, total girls bike!

14. SteveH

SteveH

That would be down to the fact your a cylinder down so the bike is a bit narrower than a lardy flat 4. Going on this fact if that makes narrow bikes girls bikes then every v-twin ever made is a girls bike, including some very exclusive and aggressive bikes courtesy of Ducati :S

Strange outlook on the world I must say. I mean girls preferring to have their legs closer together to ride?!?! Thats a new concept to me. I'd better go get the manual out again LMAO ;)

I am of course joking, before anyone takes offence ;)

Steve

15. paws

paws

My 675 is lowered by 30mm so i can reach the floor and my fella rides a srad gsxr 600

16. D41

D41

How did you have it lowered, paws??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous

Some good feedback, thanks peeps. Hopefully she'll be able to do direct access on school bike if they aren't to high

18. paws

paws

[flux] off the triumph675.net made up some lowering links for us guys, straight replacemnet for the standard ones, dropped mine by 30mm

19. D41

D41

Do Triumph not make lowering links??? - Only reason I ask is that I'd heard they did.

20. henrymc

henrymc

dont know, I have never seen a mention on their assesories list but they have restrictor kits on there,