675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

WITNESSED ANOTHER CRASH THIS MORNING

Discussion in 'General' started by keithspurs2000, Jun 3, 2009.

1. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

Another mate of mine got took out today going to work. He's OK but got a big hole in his leg. 10 stitches inside and 10 outside. A landrover pulled out across the road and hit him and then he crashed into a lamp post.
    Anything to get a few days off.

2. spike

spike

im glad hes ok m8

3. andysjt

andysjt

that’s a shame , my sympathies are with him,
    this sort of thing happens far too often i am afraid to say ,but i guess we all know the risks ,
    10 stitches is bad enough I know & will be sore I the morning, but thankfully it wasn’t more serious , I hope he get better soon & has the nerve to ride again

4. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

He'd got no leathers on because he was only going to work 500 metres away. If he'd had them on he'd have been fine. He was only doing about 15 or 20 too. It doesn't bear thinking about what state your body would be in from an off at 50 or 60. You'd have no skin left.
    That 2 mates off in a couple of months I've witnessed now. Hopefully that is the last.

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I sincerely hope so too. Keith :x

Nearly 5 years to the day - this was 7 June 2004 - I came off at 47mph with armoured leathers and I still had a huge hole in my left hip - as well as a double fracture of my pubic bones. I could touch the bone, and I think it was doing that that caused it to become infected - it oozed yellow pus for weeks, I had to have the practice nurse dress it every day :D

6. sympathies to your mate..they say most accidents occur a few mins from home.

was the muppet driving the landy on the school run in their tractor(he says owning a nissan pathfinder)

7. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

army landrover. he'd just got into camp.

8. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Does that mean the driver gets a court martial?

9. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

doubt it. a fine possibly. have to prove negligence and so on. he was at fault though.

10. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

Glad your mates ok.

This kinda thing happened to my old man couple years back. Just popping a mile down the road through country lanes and an old dear turned n swiped him. The bike ripped the back door open a bit as it went down the side of the car n leg got caught meaning huge tear! Doctors said it was more like a shark attack than traffic accident! :eek: Not nice i tell ya! again not wearing leathers/protection. He still cant walk properly now.

So make sure you wear somethin chaps. You will need all the help you can get when facing a two ton landy!

Oh, and dont no1 go for a ride with keithspurs or you may come a cropper :D

11. spike

spike

i have been for a ride out twice with keith lol and survived :D
    although it did rain on both occasions though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

12. I read somewhere that at 30 mph, it takes 3cm of Tarmac to go from skin to bone.

Makes you want to put your leathers on for every journey.

Glad no one is seriously hurt.

13. andysjt

andysjt

3 meters you mean ???

14. nope....I mean 3CM!

not far at all, and I think that most people under-estimate what can happen even at that low speed.

However, I will say that I presume this to be in response to all those scooter riders you see in jogging bottoms and shorts, and I will also add that this is something someone told me, so may have been exaggerated.

But, that said, I wouldn't want to test the theory!

15. MAD675

MAD675

PONGO drivers say no more :lol: Hope your mate recovers well and is back on a bike soon

16. Mad 675, are you a bootneck ;) ?.................hope your mates ok def food for thought there me thinks!.

17. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

i reckon he's crab air

18. MAD675

MAD675

Someone has to carry the ARMY around these days. :eek:

19. Nah cant be crab air.........they wouldnt have the balls to ride a bike would they??? ;), i was thinking you were 45 being all the way up there in sweaty sock land!! :D

20. MAD675

MAD675

All I need is a couple of roundels on the bike and then it will really fly :lol: I couldnt be in anything but the RAF, all the other services are too much like hard work!!!