675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Wont start - No Dash Lights / Needle Sweep or Pump Prime ???

Discussion in 'General' started by Hogster, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Hogster

Hogster

Gents how you all been?

With 1 year old twins I have not been able to soend much time on my 675 and its been sat in storage at a mates. The battery was dead so collected it a few weeks ago and fully charged it.

Went to do an oil service yesterday evening and connected up battery (showing 13v - its a lithium aliant brand) and the headlights/indicators/horn work but nothing else. The alarm does nothing when I press the alarm fob and the only light on the dash is a solid red ‘bell’ light and nothing else happens.

No needle sweeping, no dash lights, no pump prime and I am clueless with lack of sleep lately i just want this sorted so I can have a spin before summer is out. Bike was perfect before i parked it up a few months ago and hasnt moved. So im figuring the S4 datatool Alarm could be the issue. Reading there is an internal bathery that could be shot lying up so long so thinking of trying the bypass plug and hope that sorts it.

any other suggestions? I know kill switch but that was on, other is side stand but doesnt the dash lights show on even with stand down but womt fire?

next is main fuse, not sure where 30a is located need to see as I havent seen it near the battery? I checked all the fuses under left infill panel and they are all ok. Does my 675 have an immobiliser as standard or just part of the datatool.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw that does sound rather like the Datatool internal battery to me.
    The immobilisation is part of that alarm.
    Perhaps connecting the bike up to a suitable battery optimiser for a day (something like the Optimate Lithium) may retrieve the datatool.?

3. If Gen 1’s are the same as Gen 2’s the 30a fuse is under the the seat/tank. It sits under where the tank hinge is where the seat hooks under. It does sound alarm related though. Get rid and put an Apple airtag in if you have an iPhone.

4. Hogster

Hogster

Thanks for the replies lads. Just as you said and as I thought, it was the alarm/immobiliser. Tried the blanking plug and she fired straight up. Seems strange that the alarm should be faulty like that and not work properly when a fully charged battery is installed.

thanks lads.

5. Hogster

Hogster

Great idea on airtag too, thanks