675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

woo hooo we had sun

Discussion in 'General' started by Graham H675, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Graham H675

Graham H675

At last a bit of sun so i took full advantage of it and got the bike out on my lunch brake and went for a blast then took it to work and went out after work lol it feels so goooooooooood to get back out on the bike

2. Also took advantage should be studying for an exam but spent three hours taking in some twistys - you can never stop learning on the bike.

My only moan was riding etiquette, everyone has different riding abilities and I except that I'm quite competent but still learning. However I don't appreciate it when a fellow biker (on a R1) sits on your arse, putting the pressure on then pull your pants down on a right hand bend. Thank god for the life saver, as my line was now his, let me clear the bend then I'll gladly let you past.

3. SteveH

SteveH

Funny that, and I appreciate this is a sweeping statement, but just my experience and I do t tar everyone with the same brush, however I've noticed that 'most' R1 riders I've come across seem to have the 'my bikes faster than you, get out my way' attitude. Still takes all sorts I suppose, personally I'd rather have the 675 every day of the week never really seen the appeal of an R1, and my god is the latest one ugly!

Steve

4. fkkr1s

fkkr1s Moderator Staff Member

I think I finished off the days work as it should be done - rushed home (early for a change as I was local for once) and got the bike out for a quick blast, plus I had to road test the new lid (Arai Chaser) I was surprised by the wind noise I must say, compared with my HJC, but then I did leave out the ear plugs for a change. But nice helmet and I am glad I got it, very comfy and light. :up:
    Only real problem being 5 pm all the cars!! Could not find a quiet road, :doh: plus the sun being out was a trick as it was still flaming cold.. But loved it all the same, :) this should be the way to finish every day after work. :D
    Now Please please please please give me some dry sunny roads for the weekend.. Please. :devil:

5. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

Have ridden round the outside of R1 and 'Blade riders on-track :lol: Really bugs 'em out badly - especially when I take my lid off and I'm nearly 20 yrs older than they are, and on a smaller bike. :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Just be careful to pick a track with fewer straights....

It seems a sad fact that a "competitive disregard for everyone else" really does exist. But I've noticed exactly the same attitude with some 1kcc sports riders as well. :roll:

But on a different note the sunshine was very welcome today! :D

6. fkkr1s

fkkr1s Moderator Staff Member

Just be careful to pick a track with fewer straights.... :lol:
    +1 on the sunshine it makes everyone smile - :D I know I was :lol:

7. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

As the sun is here to stay for the week, will the A49 and the A41 do??? I'm in Liverpool again Thursday - A49 Shrews to Whitchurch, A41 Whitchurch - Chester, M53 to Birhkenhead, A41 into Liverpool.

Am looking forward to it :D I esp like going thrugh the tunnel - in 2nd the TOR bounces off the walls :cool:

This of course all assumes that Adelaide get me my insurance dox so I can tax the bike tomoz :roll:

8. lost

lost

we have had two lovely sunny days here too but finished work to late.down here its wise to let a sports bike passed if it comes up behind you as the old bill are using unmarked camera bikes to nick speeders best to see who they are 1st ;)

9. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Beautiful day the last two days but was busy both of them. Was working yesterday but decided to take the bike in as I no longer have to carry round lods of folders with me. It was great! Bit chilly coming home in the evening but the new heated grips made it most heavenly! I dont mind the cold and I dont mind the cloud, just give me a dry road and I will be smiling all the time!