675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Zard Exhaust

Discussion in 'General' started by clicker, Aug 5, 2009.

1. clicker

clicker

Hi Guys,
    Anyone have any pictures they can post up of the Zard exhaust ( I'm not talking about Zard's own images! )?

You rarely see them!..

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Not many 675's around with them on, there's a few video's on youtube...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5tA8xu6nLw[/youtube]

Sounds good, just in my opinion I think exhausts on 675's should be under the seat :cool:

3. clicker

clicker

I'm desperate for alternatives to the aftermarket undertail exhausts. It's a shame, for the Japanese bikes you can get virtually anything you want from a huge selection of suppliers - Triumph has been a little overlooked in my opinion!

Oh well, the search continues...

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Gotta say, I'm underwhelmed. I don't like the look, and I like the sound even less. Sounds cheap and tinny to me, like it lacks substance. Which it does, of course. Think I'll stick with my TOR :D

5. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Clicker i got a Zard on my 675 check out my photos, i had a Tor fitted from i got the bike and the Zard has a deeper sound. when you take out the baffle it is loud. have had the bike custom mapped and now when i am changing down for corners it sounds a bit like a moto gp bike gurgling and poping , not cheap and not to everyones taste but i like it and as the Triumph slogan says (go your own way) couple of things when i fitted mine there was only about 5mm space between the header pipes and the fairing panel where the pipe's bend and go under the bike fitted some extra heat shield and it has sorted it, other one was i got Gillis rear sets on my bike and my boot heel was touching the end can at times not bad but a niggle so i made a longer hanger bracket so the end can now sits lower and my size 42(euro) boot does not touch the can anymore