675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Zorst bolt sheared off

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Edski675, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

I thought my can was getting louder. My ears are ringing after today's ride, and I had plugs in.

So I looked at the can - the damn bolt that holds it to the subframe has sheared off and the can is hanging with no support. The lower fixing is taking all the weight and so has twisted, so no wonder it's leaking and making a helluva racket.

It has just had a 6K service too, and they didnt say anything. I wonder what else they missed :evil:

2. Did you get it fixed yet?

3. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

Yes I fixed it myself.

I er, er, er - er - em - how to say this - opened my toolbox and there was the fucking bolt :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

I had completely forgotten that I had taken it off to clean out under the seat and forgot to put it back.

Go on, take the piss, I deserve it :D

4. may i be the first to call you a complete spanner :lol: nice one ED

5. lol Ed you are one bolt shot of a full set ;)

6. jimjam39

jimjam39

7. markirel

markirel

Thought it was strange that that bolt would have sheared, it's fairly substantial. At least I don't have to swing on the end of my exhaust after each ride now for fear of mine going too.

8. And there would be some debris you Muppet :D

9. Could be worse, you could have kicked off with Triumph about it!!!!