675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Angel GT Tyre pressure

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by rwoodcock01, Jul 2, 2018.

1. rwoodcock01

rwoodcock01

Just a quick one, no complaints over my tyre choice but when I did tyre pressure I noticed it was higher than was recommended.

34F and 36R is the manual choice, but I am thinking about going 36F and 40R.

What are folks on here running, just wondering as I feel (as I am a bit over weight and hitting forty soon!) and the suspension is stock setting that I would benefit from increasing the tyre pressure?

Thoughts?

Ta

Richard

2. Stu675

Stu675

I like 36/42 on all my tyres on the road. No harm in trying and see how you like it.

3. SW73

SW73

I experimented with 42 in the rear and it squared off remarkably quickly. Not sure why but I seem to recall the street triple specifies a higher rear Tyre pressure?

4. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

5. rwoodcock01

rwoodcock01

I got near home and tried 36F and 42R. Felt very different more cushioned if that makes sense? It's only a short hop from the petrol station to home so will give it a proper run tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thanks for the input folks.

6. rwoodcock01

rwoodcock01

Just wanted to confirm that 36F and 42R feels much nicer this morning, thanks @Stu675

• Like Like x 1