675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

hello from kent

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dal, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Dal

Dal

How much do you reckon they would be able to do the arrow can?

2. Stu675

Stu675

They might have more wiggle room on the can than the sticker price on the bike.

3. Stu675

Stu675

4. This may have already been mentioned but have you actually ridden a D675 yet? If not then I suggest you ride a demo bike before jumping in because the ergo's may/may not be to your liking. The cbr500r is an armchair in comparison.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  5. Dal

Dal

They wanted £500 for the arrow can fitted, which i declined. Ended going with the used one for £7,200 with the next service included. Not sure how much a the annual service is worth?.
    After taking my deposit the sales guy said he was really surprised if i had the funds available, why i didn't go with the new one as it was a fantastic price, and would be worth over £7,000 in couple of years due to them being the last ones made. Left me feeling a bit flat once i got off the phone, having found it such a hard decision to make in the first place!

6. Once you've made the decision don't look around at other deals or what you could have bought instead, just be happy that you've got an amazing bike at a price you were happy with and enjoy it.:smileup:

7. Stu675

Stu675

He's talking out his arse!
    Maybe if you didn't ride it it would be worth £7k in 2 years.
    You've saved £1600 for 1600 miles use, there's no way your bike is going to continue to depreciate at £1 per mile. Plus all the free stuff on it.
    Don't blame you turning down the arrow but free service is a good one £250-£300 worth.
    Well done mate happy new bike to you. Enjoy it!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

The guy is a prat, and is just hoping you'll buy a new one.

Be happy with what you have, and ride it like you stole it :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  9. He was probably just pissed off as he would have got more commission if he'd sold you the new bike that's all.......

For what it's worth mate, you've got a great deal on a even greater bike!

Pics when you've picked it up please!!

10. Good deal! Well done!

11. Dal

Dal

feeling like I've made the right decision. Having the latest number plate is a feel good factor that doesn't last long and as people have pointed out, the extras on mine must add up to a bit. Regarding Damian's post, i have only sat on, not rode one. I've always wanted one and having read or watched tons of great reviews will have to just roll with it!
    When originally trying to choose, the length of warranty was a factor, the salesman then told me all triumphs come with 3 years. Looking online this seems wrong, can anyone confirm?
    Expecting to pick up thursday, must admit to feeling a tiny bit nervy jumping up from the mild mannered CBR500.
    Will post pics. thanks Dal

12. gary1966

gary1966

Well done. It's two years warranty from reg date.

13. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Nice one on the new bike - sounds like a good deal!!

Being a bit nervy is not a bad thing IMO, plenty of vids on YouTube of overconfident people picking up new bikes and high siding them in the car park due to too much throttle/new tyres/conditions/unknown bike...

Just take it easy on the throttle for the first few miles until you dial yourself in to your new pride and joy, collect it in the dry if possible and enjoy the moment!

14. 2 year warranty mate, unless they have changed it I which case would only apply to a new model.

15. All the best for picking your new toy up tomorrow Dal, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 675.

Enjoy!!

16. Dal

Dal

Well, what a machine. a complete different world to what I've been used to. My initial thoughts are i love it, the sound, the power, the response in the throttle. When parked people talk to you, when waiting at lights people look at you. The blue gear change lights, was thinking when are they going to come on? Eventually at 70mph in first! Stuff you guys know all to well.
    Riding position was fine, i found myself sitting right up on the tank at low speeds. The bike seems to make you really use your thighs and upper body too ride, as a result the anticipated wrist ache hasn't happened.

Might have seen a fellow member on yellow 675 on the a20 west malling while i was have a baguette break!

off for some more miles. will take a few photos later

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  17. scaramanga

scaramanga

when i was looking for my daytona i did exactly this looked for bike found what i thought was the deal then the more i looked the more better deals i found by going for newer bike
    i found the newer the bike was the better deal it was yes i paid more but instead of paying £3500 for a 06 i got a fully loaded 11 plate that had been pampered and looved for just over £5000 all standard parts still wrapped up as the first owner worked for triumph dealer and most extras were fitted from new by himself and all original parts never used

18. Bit late to the table but have another welcome and congrats on the bike - :)

I've had a few of these since they were available 10 years ago and they are top bikes, they really are.
    Mine is a track only toy but I did use my first one (maybe the second one) for mainly road use but then I saw the 'track light'

19. Throwing my two pence worth in. Seems like the white one is the better option.

20. Dal

Dal

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2