675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

POOLE MOTO avoid (re; Nexx Xr1r )

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by StMarks, May 2, 2014.

1. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

* Sorry to hear that mate. (*Split from BOPZX6R's thread <a class="postlink" href="https://www.675.cc/675/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21584">https://www.675.cc/675/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21584</a> )

Ok, I'll put up my own equivalent rant up please.

Poole Moto.

Ordered & paid for a Nexx XR1R Carbon Helmet January 23rd 2013 from those jokers.

I checked with them that it was current stock, and with the tinted visor as in their advert.
    ( I had already decided I was going to buy this helmet, & was intending to buy it from Matt ForMotorbikes on here, as he is a forum member & a sound bloke. However the Poole Moto price was cheaper & so stupidly I didn't :doh: )

The end of Feb it still hadn't arrived, so I emailed them & was told they were out of stock, but that it would be in "shortly".

Mid March I was told "should be next week"

The end of March I was told there was "a problem with the visors, & they were waiting for Portugal to sort it out"

End of April (bear in mind trackday season was approaching, so although I hadn't been too bothered up to then I was starting to be) I said that enough was enough & I wanted a refund. All I got was "you'll get it soon"

Beginning of June I was still waiting. I had their number on speed dial, could tell you the names of their staff from their voices I'd spoken to them so often, but still had no helmet & no refund.

On the 5th of July (in response to a very irate email) I got a reply from the twunt called Steve saying that they had plenty of the helmets in stock, so I would have already had it if I'd ordered one from them. "Can you prove you paid us.?"

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Yes I F*cking could, & did.!!! :twisted:

10th of July my Helmet arrived :D
    but,,,,, without the promised dark visor :evil:

I rang them, and was told "you didn't order a dark visor". I pointed out that I did, & that I had checked before hand that I would be getting the dark visor. I then followed this up with an email attaching the (many) communications I had had from them where they confirmed that the dark visor was included.

No Visor arrived.

I chased this up by phone & email over & over again. They just continuously lied that it would be "sent out straight away".

I still do not have my dark visor.

I have figured out that this "Steve" is obviously top dog there, and is a lying deceitful & ignorant twunt of the first order. TBH I feel a little sorry for some of the others who work there, as it is fairly evident that some of them are embarrassingly aware of his total lack of integrity, but not in a position to do anything about it.

If I wasn't at the other end of the country, I would simply walk into Poole Moto, ask for a Dark Visor for a Nexx XR1R, and walk out with it (handing them one of the emails where they promised me that I would get my dark visor instead of cash).

However I am at the other end of the country, so for the moment Mr Steve Twunt has a stay of execution.

Rant over.

Pursuit of my visor, NOT over.!

2. Re: Avoid like the plague....

Hi bud

I'm just in process of buying a 675 but have an old TT600, joined to look what bikes are for sale.

Listen, I live in Poole, if you phone this bloke and make arrangements for me to collect I will gladly nip in and post, I know what it's like when you want something

Not a scam or anything, jaseaapphy is my username on pistonheads and a number of forums so just google it

3. +1

local to them, can pop a flaming dogpoobag through the letterbox if reqd....

4. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

:lol: Seriously tempting mate. (Except I'm after my visor, as opposed to revenge.)

Have you ever had dealings with them then.?

5. First time I've heard of em, don't really venture to that side of the harbour...