675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Recommendations

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by GazP, Apr 19, 2018.

1. GazP

GazP

So picking up my D675R (2012) tomorrow and it’s completely untouched and factory standard.

Any recommended mods from the forum? Including what’s the recommended security device that I should look into getting, like an immobiliser etc.

Cheers!!

2. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

I have a Slipper clutch, re-sprung shock (more suitable for my weight), gel seat, Arrow rearsets, Hel brake lines, MWR air filter, changed the sprockets (-1 front/+2 rear) and a lighter lithium battery on mine.

Does it already have an arrow exhaust? Removal of the cat is another option, although I’ve been told gains aren’t massive for the outlay.

Then it’s more cost/effort to do stuff to the engine, with increasing maintenance as a result and the carbon wheels option...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  3. Stu675

Stu675

Surely the number one mod is swingarm bobbins. To be able to get it up on a paddock stand.
    Then front spindle, and consider frame and engine case protectors.

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw I would recommend some protection, especially if you wish to maintain her pristine condition. Frame sliders (NOT ones that require fairings to be drilled) Casing covers (with silicon sealant behind them).
    Then the scaffolding rig that is the OEM numberplate holder needs to be replaced by a decent tail-tidy.

5. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Completely forgot about my sliders/engine protectors or the tail tidy...!

Also forgot to say “tech spec” tank grips and if you don’t have a cowl yet, they’re nice to have to finish off the look of the bike
    IMG_1220.JPG

Enjoy - either way it’s a cracking bike.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

675.cc stickers

Job done :)

2012, so underseat exhaust, maybe pop the arrow one on, job done really, ride enjoy, mod as you go.

7. Stu675

Stu675

watsen front indicators.

8. Stu675

Stu675

although with @Fonsek675 experience we should probably get back to
    I liked my Datatool S4 alarm. - the fob had the key integrated into it so it wasn't an extra thing you had to have and the immobiliser saved my bike from being stolen, they are really expensive new from a dealer but really cheap 2nd hand. Although a tracker would be better and could do with physical security too locks, chains, disc locks - as much as you are willing to carry and use. Almax for at home with a ground anchor

9. SW73

SW73

Triumph aero screen makes a huge difference and they are being sold off. Available for less than £30 new from dealers around a week ago.

10. GazP

GazP

Thanks chaps!

Totally agree on a tail tidy! What’s the law say on small number plates?

Next upgrade will be security.
    I was thinking of a disc lock with an alarm and (as mentioned above) a massive chain and anchor for the garage.
    Really keen to get an immobiliser. How much should I be aiming to pay for the datatool S4? It is the”red” one???

11. Stu675

Stu675

The law doesn't say anything about the size of a number plate, it's just the size of the digits, spacing, font and border that results in you needing a 9x7inches (unless your reg number is A1 for e.g.)
    But what you can get away with is another matter 8x6 really unlikely to have a problem - just switch to the 9x7 for your MOT.
    Loads of people get away with 7x5 ymmv. 6x4 is taking the pee a bit but it's only a £60 fine no points.

12. Stu675

Stu675

13. Billy1mate

Billy1mate

14. GazP

GazP

Has anyone fitted the tail tidy from Melotti? It looks quite cool. Costs a little more than a R&G.

Only thing is there’s no cover on the back for the wiring loom. The guys says you nearly tie wrap it at the back.

Just wondered what’s the consensus was.