675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Arrow map and Exup

Discussion in 'General' started by White, Jul 10, 2020.

1. White

White

Hi just thought I’d check something. Just been to Podcocks to finally get the Arrow slip on map, on the way home which is about an hours ride I’ve noticed considerably less pops and bangs on the over run. I was under the impression I should actually get more? I hope they have put the correct map on.

Also they confirmed my engine management light was in fact the exup. The cables do move and there isn’t any corrosion (5000 mile bike always garages) the valve also moves, but looks like it can’t find it’s ‘home’.

Pidcocks said it was a sensor or the motor faulty and I should just fit a servo buddy?

2. Not sure which gen Daytona you're riding but mine pops quite nicely on the overrun with the arrow can and map, do you have the baffle fitted?
    If the exup valve is free to move and it can't find its "home" position then it might be the cables that need adjusting.
    What code was it?

3. White

White

Mine is 2006 for first gen. On the standard map I got quite a bit of pops and bangs on the overrun, now with the correct map I don’t get any? Maybe that’s the way it should be.

They didn’t say what the code was. I did notice the cables had a bit of slack in them, but after a quick play the light was still coming up. In all honesty I thought Pidcocks might have been a little more help, it all they said was get a servo buddy off eBay

4. Maybe somebody with an early bike and arrow can will help further, I had a TOR on mine but with the same map that made a great noise on the overrun iirc.
    If you have access to tune ECU there is a setting procedure for the exup that sets it to mid position and you line the arrows up by adjusting the cables.

5. White

White

I might just have to bite the bullet and get tune ecu

6. moggy675

moggy675

How much did they charge for the map to be downloaded?

7. White

White

£35 I was hoping it would save me all the hassle of tune ecu, but I might need to get that now anyway. Do most people use an android tablet? I’m all Apple these days

8. moggy675

moggy675

Cheers for that ive just brought a slip on for my street triple and need to get the map downloaded but had no idea of costs

9. cpatel89

cpatel89

I’ve got a gen 2 with a arrow slip on, I didn’t even know I needed a map for it , but mine does gargle and pop

10. moggy675

moggy675

Is there a way of checking if my bike already has the map installed

11. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

You’ll have had loads of popping and banging because it’s been running on the wrong map for the arrow, perfectly normal to get less now it’s got the correct map

12. Is there anyone in the plymouth area that has tune ecu program that can come and sort my map for arrow can and engine management light on. Already had a look at the exup valve and it works but not sure if it needs adjustment as bike isnt pulling like it was.

13. Hogster

Hogster

Which arrow map is it? I only did a TuneEcu map a few weeks ago after watching a few videos on youtube and once you have done it first tine its not so intimidating and a cable from lonelec is £17 or so and can be used for checking fault lights etc. There are two maps from memory one is a race map with exup removal and other isnt.

14. I'm not sure what map it is. I dont have a laptop that I can use to it on. Didnt really want to buy a new one to plug it into the bike. But might have too.