675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Caspian blue Daytona wheels

Discussion in 'General' started by vanbas, Nov 15, 2017.

1. vanbas

vanbas

Just wondered if anyone knows whether the caspian blue 2011 Daytona was ever offered with grey wheels from new?

All of the other caspian daytonas I have seen have gold wheels. Mine has grey and I don’t know if they have been replaced for any reason or just specified with grey from new due to first owner colour preferences?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers.

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I believe that the Caspian always came with gold wheels, however the Neon Blue came with grey wheels.

3. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

As above, but these things do happen, buyer may have asked the dealer to swop them, or bought them.

My RX should have black callipers, it can with gold, I asked them to swop them.

It’s possible.

4. Grey wheels actually weren’t available as standard on any 2011 bike other than red, the grey ones were fitted to all colours of 2009 bike, and then the Caspian blue and phantom black bikes had gold wheels. I think I saw this bike for sale on eBay maybe 6-8 months back? It’s had he wheels swapped by a dealer of the golds got damaged and someone bought new ones off eBay.

5. Captain Steffydog

This is how it should look, my 2011, a shameless picture hehe

[​IMG]

6. vanbas

vanbas

Thanks for all the reply’s.

Yea they must have been swapped at some point, not an issue there’s nothing wrong with them and I quite like them. Just always wondered.

It may have been on eBay, was at a dealer and bought the bike beginning of March this year.

Here’s mine;

[​IMG]

7. Captain Steffydog

Nice rad guard would sort that right out heheh

8. vanbas

vanbas

Ha, just need to find one for sale

9. Captain Steffydog