675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Exhausts and Noise Levels

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Gankmasterflex, Mar 4, 2013.

1. JAMSXR

JAMSXR

2015 - pliers worked when testing in my driveway but the heat form the track session caused it lock into place.

Just took it to my dealer and they have a tool that they inserted into the can and expanded to pull it out - it still needed quite some force.

Keen to get a custom baffle to help reduce noise and hopefully be a better fit.

2. ads

ads

ok cool mate. i've found running the bike for a bit, then getting the pliers on can help. or a set of mole grips.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. 12volt

12volt

Heya guys. Trackday virgin here but planning to go that way.Hopefully be picking a few noggins saturday.
    I notice that the Werkes pipe DB is empty so I was wondering if any1 got a reliable meter on phone or sommit (as I dont have smart phone)
    that might be able to test mine on the last part of fest run.
    Can bring baffles along to.
    Just an idea.
    Cheers

4. Alind08

Alind08

Do you have db levels for SC project crt and austin racing?

5. Gavin

Gavin

2013 - Arrow slip on with a custom link pipe, (No exhaust valve/servo) with baffle in at MSV at Bedford. A few weeks ago it hit 103DB however the tester had the DB meter pretty much right up the pipe! Normally it is 100DB consistently with baffle in. Baffle out i would say circa 106DB (Guessing).

6. had to repack my full race arrows with baffle in it scraped 102 which is no limits cut off

7. joeydaytona

joeydaytona

My 09 ran 98 at oulton the other day
    That 2 brothers carbon can, no baffle and cat in i was surprised as everyone thinks its daft loud. Gna get a decat over the winter i think any thoughts

8. think i may have already entered,stock 675r 99db decat with end can baffle101[remus] full race arrows stage3 675r 102 wih full baffle without bloody loud 110 upover

9. tooslow

tooslow

try mark hill MHP . I have full race system with mhp can 99db wihout baffles . clubman can with link pipe was about £220 delivered

10. Keith15

Keith15

2014 Daytona with decat headers, SC Project M2 can and baffle - 100db at a beautifully sunny, blue skied Cadwell yesterday. 4 bars showing on the temperature gauge at the time.

11. 2010 Daytona 675
    With cat no exup
    Arrow exhaust without baffle 101.9 at
    Brands GP fully warmed up

12. Kirklet

Kirklet

Well after my recent trackday at Cadwell mine registered 98db which I though was good. I’m not sure I had it at exactly 6500 revs mind you.

06 bike

Standard headers
    de-cat and exup removed.
    48mm x 2.5mm wall stainless pipe welded in place.
    MWR race filter.
    Scorpion slip on race can with no baffle.
    Running the full arrows fuel map.

I made a jig at work to remove the exup and cat. I still have this if anybody needs any 06-08 headers sorting out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kirklet

Kirklet

Forgot to add, 2 weeks later and the only difference being it was 5 degrees colder (5 degrees on the day) and I drove straight up to the noise testing guys, no waiting in a queue and the exhaust blew 102 dB ! :erm:
    Make of that what you will. :whistle:

14. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw I always let the bike get up to temp before noise testing, as it's definitely noisier when cold.

15. Anyone done Croft and got away with a torch without baffle? Croft being 102db and the tor being 106db

16. not get away with it m8 no limits have tester on before grop nduction no pass notrack seen a few warned about removing baffle after testing . under 102 r away home for a wasted day

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gotcha cheers, guess I'll be looking for a baffle or a different exhaust option

18. MOz

MOz

Reading this has got me pretty worried. Oulton this week - Arrow slip-on with a stupidly tight baffle I’d rather not fit on an 06 bike. I’m hoping it scrapes under the 102..... what revs do they make a triple go to?

19. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Unlikely I suspect, think you'll probably need that baffle (& don't drop the locating screw into the silencer, like this muppet did).
    When was the silencer last packed.?
    I think it's 6500rpm (I should know, the amount of times I've been told to hold it at)

20. MOz

MOz

I have no idea. Only owned the bike a week.

Balls. I was hoping to get away with it. Might as well fit it to save losing my first session to the noise nazi. I suspect once I’ve done a day with the baffle fitted - it won’t come out again.