675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

painting engine covers

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by d8mok, Dec 14, 2009.

1. d8mok

d8mok

i'm thinking of having my wheels painted gloss black, and would want the engine, clutch casings painting to match.

Has anyone had this done before? Whats involved in remving them? am i right in saying the oil will need draining?

is it cheaper/better to buy some street triple ones? Any idea on what to pay?

cheers

dom

2. henrymc

henrymc

you will need to drain the engine take the covers of then when you come to refit the covers you will need to put new gaskets on also. I have had the engine on my 06 675 sprayed black, got the guys in my local Triumph garage to take the engine out last winter, Andy the foreman got the guys to strip the bike when they were not busy, and a local guy sprayed the engine for £150,

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll spray them for you for £150

4. I painted my engine covers Satin Black for less than £35.00 including new gaskets (see my gallery photos for more images).
    Midgeman.
    [​IMG]

5. d8mok

d8mok

had a look, and your bikes very cool.

cant make my mind up between buying carbon covers like these http://www.carbonuk.net/shop/item.aspx?itemid=42 or paintin them black.

6. Midgeman, where did u get the single seat hump conversion bodywork from , thanks