675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Road Trip

Discussion in 'General' started by andykb, Aug 10, 2009.

1. andykb

andykb

Im on my first road trip next weekend hopefully if i can recover from this virus! Ive ordered my kriega kit for the journey from Motogear, really nice guy to do business with and i got an R25 backpack, US20 tailpack and a cube pocket for £141 delivered.

So there are 6 of us bikes include.
    New blade
    gixxer 750
    zx1000
    the guys have all been riding for a good few years

We are meeting at Gisburn then going upto Hawes on the M6 for one junction then onto the A696(best bike round in britain?? not my words) to book into our Hotel in Whitley Bay afternoon on the beer.
    Then back via the lake district

2. I'd be really interested in your route. A few friends of mine fancy a road trip that takes in hawes and some of cumbria.

3. andykb

andykb

i will try and remember some of it and post it up, thats if the beer doesnt destroy my braincells and saturday afternoon

4. kingfixer

kingfixer

I've been told it's still there so you should go to IDOLS the barmaids wear bikinis it's great :booze: :booze: :booze:

5. without having a map in front of me , are you guy`s heading up to penrith , if so i would recommend the road to Hartside cafe . Stop for a coffee and bench race about all the switch backs , then over to Whitley Bay , Avalon hotel perchance , have fun ..

6. andykb

andykb

Ok the run was as follows saturday was ok until we got close to settle.
    Set off from preston down the A59 to Gisburn then upto settle stop for lunch, then onto devils bridge quick blast up the M6 upto the hartside cafe were the weather was truly shocking low cloud, wind, rain. Quick coffee and toilet break then down to Alston and picked up the A19 into newcastle then onto whitley bay. Had a great night in Whitley plenty things to look at, ;) no trouble, one criticism though it seemed to shutdown around 1am i think it has something to do with it being resindential. Windsor hotel was fab £75 for a twin, locked car park so we didnt have to worry about the bikes.
    Sunday went through the tees tunnel and down to middlesbrough then close by stokesly and stopped for a coffee at Helmsby?(cant remember spelling) loads of bikes there and great roads. Then down to Elvington and watch to watch the wheelie and straightliners competition. Then home via Harrogate, skipton and Gisburn.
    I was a little nervous as i didnt know to many of the guys and they had knwon each other for years and riding alot longer than me, but they made me very welcome and i got a load of postive feedback about my riding which pleased me.
    Anyway ive been tasked with organising then next trip so guess what im doing at work today