675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony B, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Yes - bit less soggy today down to lockinewe via Ullapool IMG_4903.JPG IMG_4914.JPG IMG_4924.JPG IMG_4928.JPG IMG_4958.JPG IMG_4964.JPG IMG_4966.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. The Daytona rehab has begun! Space in the mini garage has been made, engine's oot and a proper strip down and rebuild is under way

As much as I'd like to take the credit for the amazing mechanical skills and knowledge, I just supply the coffee and enthusiastic (but not entirely convincing) head nodding when Mr J tries explaining what he's doing.

Screenshot_20210704-084651.png Screenshot_20210704-084531~2.png Screenshot_20210704-084622.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. A1b

A1b

There's no such thing! Get it fitted!

4. A1b

A1b

How's the trip going?

5. A1b

A1b

How's the trip going?

6. SW73

SW73

Looks magnificent! I did the same trip two weeks ago but took the two fiddy. Great photography and it looks like you're getting the weather. Looking forward to getting my 675 out next week. I love seeing folk touring on these. Not many of us left

7. SW73

SW73

Very impressive. I stripped mine but by no means that far! VG good work. It was always a nice bike that one @Captain Steffydog

8. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Amazing place and not once thought I wished I was on another bike to do it. Needed another day for Skye really, so just popped over the bridge for a few miles. Mate got a puncture about 15miles south of the Kyle - so later finish last night at the Cairndow Inn - but the last 30miles off the A82 were just brilliant on the 675r. Glasgow this morning for a new rear and then back home. I’d do it again in a heartbeat, but maybe go up the middle from Inverness to Tongue, rather than the more mundane east coast to JOG. West is best is never truer than the Scottish coast!

Shall do a write up after I’ve got home and recovered - can’t recommend a visit here enough - and we did not have any problems with the accommodation/getting food etc every place we’ve been have been overly welcoming and happy to have guests back again IMG_4987.JPG
    IMG_4992.JPG
    IMG_5003.JPG
    IMG_5006.JPG IMG_5010.JPG IMG_5014.JPG IMG_5015.JPG IMG_5023.JPG IMG_5029.JPG
    IMG_5031.JPG
    Finally got to see some deer on the trip too!
    IMG_5039.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. cpszx

cpszx

@Frequent Flyer did you just wing it on the accomodation then? Booking on arrival?

10. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Booking.com for it all mate

We did Pitlochry-Thurso-Lockinewe-Cairndow from Cardiff. All friendly/welcoming
    IMG_5047.JPG IMG_5046.JPG

If I was doing it again, I’d give Thurso/east coast a miss and go to Tongue - and have another day to do Skye

• Like Like x 1
  11. cpszx

cpszx

But nothing pre-booked before you went?
    Decide on the day, or day before, look for vacancy and book as you go? That's what i meant?

Never been quite brave enough to do that, always had a full itinerary booked when we go away, just in case.

12. Your missing out. Best way to do it. No need to worry bout making places no worry if you wanna change your route.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cpszx

cpszx

Yeah, i get that, and might be tempted to try it, but it seems like an earache waiting to happen when there are normally 7 of us and 3 of those are wives on pillion... :lol:

14. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

We booked them all in advance - there were two of us. I’d say it’s possible to follow your nose, but there were plenty of “no vacancies” signs.

If I could extend a trip by 2-3 days at a whim, then I’d have booked the initial couple of nights and then chanced my arm a bit - eg add a night on at Skye or get a ferry to Arran or the Orkneys etc. - but both us only had 3 days off work plus the weekend (and not unlimited budgets), so I just worked out the route based on a big slog up/down and then divided the rest up by 1/3 roughly.

Helps if you don’t have to stop for new tyres (not me) or get lost three times in Glasgow (me, no satnav). So make sure you have decent tyres to go on, take a squidgee plug kit and pump, and get a satnav for the bike... and waterproofs.

IMG_5049.JPG my mate needed a Top up on the way to Glasgow...
    IMG_5055.JPG Tyre fitter was on the opposite side of town...
    IMG_5072.JPG
    IMG_5077.JPG
    IMG_5078.JPG
    1,648miles in 30hrs of riding at 47.6mpg
    IMG_5074.JPG
    Made it home just above the wear markers on my Michelin’s...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Looks nice. I only ever book the first night, because normally it’s a slog, then just booking.com App for a last minute deal.

It’s worked out for me and the missus for two big Europe trips. And me and the bro/bro-in-law for a Blat round the Black Forest.

Used to plan it all wen I was younger with my Bro and Dad but I think keeping to schedules can really ruin rides. I wanna be on the bike because I want to be, not because I need to get somewhere. Still each to their own.

Also, ever stuck for internet in the wilds of Europe there is always a Macdonalds not far away, coffee and free WiFi.

16. StephenP

StephenP

Just out with some friends[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Lovin that Grey.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

Refurbishing the rearsets. Dremel saves the day!

IMG_4340.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. SW73

SW73

Some great looking bikes there. Fabulous to see folk out and about. Top work