675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony B, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Ntecuk

Ntecuk

Putting my cherished number so I can legally get away with a smaller number plate..

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

2. Removed the rear wheel to fully clean & grease the rear sliding caliper then bled it again as I think its been dragging very slightly, took it out for a quick ride to the seaside although it was a bit too hot, not something we get to say very often.
    Still love the bike even if I don't ride it that much compared with the Thruxton, it does encourage me to ride a bit more like a hooligan though:devil:
    20210723_200343.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sergeant J

Sergeant J

4. Sergeant J

Sergeant J

ABA0EACE-AFC6-4220-AB2B-B66874641B8B.jpeg Took her to get Inspected so I can go ride legally here in Italy!! Ciao!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. R4CKS675

R4CKS675

• Like Like x 2
  6. StephenP

StephenP

Went there last Sunday. Great fun[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  7. That's one gorgeous line up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. All the parts for the Steffytona engine rebuild have been bought and paid for this week. Fek me, my poor bank account is now looking very sorry for itself.

MyTim's got rid of a load of crap, erm, I mean unwanted parts from the garage so there's now more space to start putting it all back together. Hopefully without death rattle this time!

• Like Like x 1
  9. StephenP

StephenP

Good luck with the rebuild

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Tapatalk

10. MOT this morning, passed no problem as always, although got an advisory for noisy exhaust, my fault for not bothering to fit the baffle in the Arrow, exup disabled doesn't help.:D
    Only done 800 miles in 12 months, versus nearly 5000 miles on the Thruxton, shows which has been my favourite, although having to get the Daytona in/out the house each time has a bearing. Really enjoyed my last couple of rides on the 675R though and I think things may swing back around somewhat next year, If I had to sell one or the other it would have been an easy choice in favour of the Thruxton last year but now I'm not so sure.:confused:

Usually service it in the winter but decided to do the oil & filter and change the coolant today instead of in the freezing cold months, I can do the rest indoors.
    Stripped both fairings off, I gave the front of the engine a good clean and dose of ACF50 last year and luckily it hasn't seen any rain this summer so it all looked tidy. Was pleased to see the radiator looked perfect after I had to remove some corrosion and repaint some sections of the side tanks and the bottom edge last year.
    Removed the expansion tank to clean as it was slightly gungy at the very bottom, never been done in 8 years.
    Old coolant looked fine, only 3 years old, flushed it through with distilled water before re-filling. Used a section of hosepipe to blow in the radiator when draining, surprising how much extra coolant you get out that way.
    20211007_123534.jpg

20211007_124221.jpg

20201020_133917.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cleaned, Sorned and put away for the winter:(

12. R4CKS675

R4CKS675

Think mine will be going the same way VERY soon

Sent from my SM-G991B using 675.cc mobile app

13. The Daytona won't be going anywhere now although I haven't Sorned the Thruxton yet, was hoping for maybe one or two last rides this month but looking out the window and at the forecast I'd be better off with a canoe, plus the rear tyres down the the wear limit:eek:

14. R4CKS675

R4CKS675

Yeah my fork seals need doing as they started to weep so as it'll be off the road soon that's one of the first jobs to get done over winter.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

15. Ntecuk

Ntecuk

I think I've done more miles in the kayak This year than in the street!

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

16. Jack94x

Jack94x

Nothing major, but replaced the OEM screen for a Zero Gravity Corsa (light smoke) on the Daytona.
    Next ride won't be till spring but hoping it'll help the wind go over rather than into me... 20211216_143707.jpeg 20211216_143721.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. I always find this an odd statement. No offence but I rather the wind hit me wen road riding as it takes the weight off the wrist’s, and being in the Daytona position I don’t find I have to hold on for dear life. However if you track or race I completely agree and take back what I said. Again not meant to offend but food for thought.

18. Also aesthetically thumbs up

19. Jack94x

Jack94x

No offense taken, everyone is entitled to their own opinion!
    With the old screen the wind used to hit my helmet and create a lot of noise, that's the main thing I'm hoping the new one will cure.

20. Hi mate nice screen …. I’m also looking to upgrade to a zero gravity corsa screen. Can I ask where you bought it from ? And did you have to wait a while to get it or was it in stock. Cheers
    Looks great on the bike :)